Monday, February 23, 2009

Live Nude Girl in the Devil's Territory Sings a Cradle Song

I didn't post an AWP recap because it was a really disjointed experience for me. I guess I'm old school now because I'm still clinging to those AWPs of yore, when there was only one bookfair, and I actually could count on running into the folks I wait all year to see. This year, I didn't make it to a single panel, not even the ones on Saturday that I really, really wanted to see. But I did have a wonderful book release party at The Woman Made Gallery (an excellent space in Chicago for women artists), featuring my fellow C&R Press ladies Michelle Bitting and Allison Funk.





The company--and the cupcakes--rocked. And I got to meet my excellent editors, including the fabulous Chad Prevost



and sold some books and met some folks, so overall, it was a success. If you didn't get a copy of the book, please email me, and I'll send it to you--autographed and eveything.

Meanwhile, I'm gearing up for more readings (see sidebar for a full list). I'll be heading out to Oregon to read in the middle of March, and I'll be down in Carbondale at the end of it. But before I hit the road for my little tour, THE road tour is coming to me, and I'm thrilled to be part of it:



If you're in the area, roll on by. It promises to be an amazing night.

1 comment:

Keetje said...

Dearest, I'm so glad that AWP went well and that your BEAUTIFUL book is out there in the world! Keep me posted on your readings... we'd love to have you in Missoula :)

Keetje